Sunday 24 April 2011

Image Module - Final Project




This Kanji symbol represents that word for River.

I created the symbols in Illustrator. The background texture was produced by scanning in a crinkled piece of sort thin paper.



This Kanji symbol represents that word for Mouth.



This Kanji symbol represents that word for Forest.




This Kanji symbol represents that word for Mountain.




This Kanji symbol represents that word for Rice Paddy.



For the final project of the module we were asked to take one of the previous completed briefs and develop it further. My original plan was to take the book that i had designed and to add the other alpha bets of the japanese language.

I decided that this was probably not the best thing to do in the end because we only had a limited time to produce the work, however I decided to maintain the Japanese theme and to develop the type as image brief that we had already completed earlier.

Above are 5 out of the 10 posters that I designed for the brief. I decided the focus on the oldest Japanese alphabet known as Kanji. This system of writing is derived from ancient Chinese and uses symbols that look like objects in the world around us.

I really enjoyed this project and think that I have created a series of eye catching posters that work very well together as a set. If I were to so this again I would think about screen printing the images to give them a more historic and sort of vintage feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment