Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Destroyer of Worlds / Poster Design Ideas





This is my final layout for this poster. The swirly traditional font has been changed to a font that suits the message of the quote better. I am pleased with the way it reads and also the concept of the type as the image of a mushroom cloud.



In this design I tried to give the image more shape by increasing the size of the 'Death' text. However I was not happy with the result as it took too much away from the rest of the image.
I have also decided that the swirly traditional style text is not appropriate in terms of the message i am trying to deliver so this will be changed.

On this image I placed the 'I Am' inside the silliolte of a nuclear bomb. I did this for decorative reasons but to also give the image more context. I think that this worked very well as the text is fairly small and placing it inside the bomb has made it more eye catching.


This is how I want the poster to take shape. I wanted the main focus to be on the words 'Become Death' as I think these are the words that fundamentally bring out most of the emotion.

I also wanted the words to form the shape of the infamous mushroom cloud.

I wasn't particularly pleased with the 'I am' at the top of the image so I decided that it had to be changed.



This issuu document contains a selection of typefaces that used and considered using for my fourth anti nuclear poster.
I selected the typefaces primarily on the basis that they looked vintage and this was feeling and look I wanted my poster to achieve.
I wanted the poster to communicate the era in which Oppenheimer  said these famous words which was, of course, the 1940's.

Not all of these typefaces will be used in the final poster, but I will experiment with all of them to see which ones compliment each other the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment