Thursday 6 October 2011

Fukushima Daiichi Poster / Variations



With this colour I wanted to try and see if I could change the mood by altering the colour quite drastically. This orange dusky version that I created above does change the mood, but I think for the worse. It now appears less urgent and the boldness of the vectored lines and images have become less obvious, hence reducing the clarity of the message.


This image is the same as the one below, but I thought I could add a little more depth to it by changing the colour of the nuclear logo and the stroke colour of the text to a navy blue. I think this succeeded in adding depth but I was unhappy with how the colours worked together.




I changed the red to black in this poster to see if it would look bolder. It did look bolder but I decide that the image was already bold enough and it did not necessarily need the use of a dark colour to make it stand out more.



Above are some colour variations that I have done for the final layout of the design. Although I was happy with the blue and red scheme I decided to see if there were any colour that worked better.




In this image I have deleted one of the two towers. I have done this based on feedback that suggested that one of the towers was striking and powerful enough. The nuclear logo has also been centred to give the image for focus and stability. The Background gradient still needs to be added to add depth.




On this poster I have deleted the background and the 'Thanks!!' text. It now looks less cluttered but the depth to the image has totally disappeared. I have decided that the background in necessary to give the image depth and also I quite like it as well!




It was decided that this poster was a little too cluttered and this meant the delivery of the message was hindered. People were also unsure about the blue and white gradient background.

My attempt at re creating a 1950's hand written font also fell down. It was also decided that this was unnecessary because it threw other aspects of the design off balance.





This post shows my final variations and also some colour variations that I tried out. Generally I am pleased with all of the combinations that I tried and it was difficult to select which one I was going to select as a final.

I decided to ask my peers for some feedback and decide the final poster based on what they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment