Thursday 13 October 2011

Renewable Energy Poster / Layout Variations



For this poster I want to concentrate on something that is not directly nuclear related. I decided to make a poster that promotes renewable energy and having researched the different  types of renewable energy I drew out some sketches and decided I could make wind look good.


I decided to make something minimal and quite contemporary. I think that the main focal point for a wind turbine are the props. This is something that I will exploit in my design.


When it comes to type I wanted something very light and rounded to represent the lightness of the wind. This would also give the design a clean and futuristic feel, something that I definitely wanted to achieve in the design.



I had the idea of having some information about wind energy on the poster. I thought that this would tie in well with the image and also make the poster more useful.
I had the idea of dividing the page in half and placing the text to the tight hand side of this divide.
This divide would also act as the wind turbine stand.
This worked well, but I noticed that the image as a whole was very unbalanced.


To counterbalance the type on the right hand side of the poster I decided to, quite simply, place some type on the left hand side of the poster.

I wanted something short and catchy, as oppose to more information about wind energy.

Someone told me that the design had resemblance to a kids fan toy. This is when I decided to put the tagline 'Not Just For Kids'.

when I first started designing I wanted to use the colour green to represent renewable energy, but there was something about the colour that didn't sit right with me and I thought that the renewable aspect was obvious enough without having to use a the green colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment